Further Resumption of BBW Activities effective from midday, Friday 3rd July 2020
All Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. members
The Management Committee has updated the response plan for transitioning back to our Club’s regular activities.
We appreciate our leaders and members patience and support. This has helped us to expand safe bushwalking activities aligning with the easing of COVID-19 restrictions by the Queensland Government.
The links below will take you to general advice from the Federal and Qld Governments. They will help you keep safe when bushwalking and compliant with Government regulations.
- Protect yourself and others
Everyone must follow the guidance on good hygiene, physical distancing and behaviour at public gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are most at risk.
The details can be found at this Fed Govt webpage.
- People at higher risk
Please see if you are in a group at a higher risk of developing COVID-19 at this Healthdirect webpage, and consider your condition.
- Current status updates
The situation and regulations are changing frequently, so please monitor these Government web sites to keep up to date. Fed Govt Covid19 website and the Qld Govt Covid19 website.
- Other states and territories
Keep up to date with what’s happening elsewhere in Australia at this Fed Govt website.
Club response to the regulations of Stages 1 and 2 that continue to apply
- No carpooling will be organised by the Club. Follow the Qld Government rules and arrange your own ride sharing if you want or drive yourself.
- Prepare for your car journey by planning the route, allowing adequate time and recording the leader’s mobile number
- If you are unwell at all, withdraw from the activity.
- Do not share equipment, food nor drink.
- Going to a coffee shop after the activity is at the leader’s discretion.
Club response to Stage 3, Qld Govt posted on Friday 3rd July 2020
- Most activities and Social events will appear on the calendar.
- The Maximum is 100, or the BBW limit.
- Interstate activities can be posted, subject to Covid19 travel restrictions
- Regular BBW Club meetings will recommence with a Covid19 Safe plan, to be advised.
All social distancing and hygiene rules continue to apply. No sharing of personal items. Use the stand back - give way method around other groups on activities.
We ask you to comply with these regulations and restrictions and enjoy safe bushwalking.
On behalf of the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. Management Committee
Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc.
Next Club Meeting
The next Brisbane Bushwalkers club meeting will take place at 7:30pm on Wed 14th October 2020.
Photographic Competition Results and Awards
Please join us at Newmarket Memorial Hall, corner of Enoggera Road and Ashgrove Avenue, Newmarket (Map).