Meetings Suspended Indefinitely
Based on updated Government advice the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Committee has agreed to cancel all meetings until further notice.
Brisbane Bushwalkers - Further Resumption of BBW Activities effective from midday, Monday 1st June 2020
All Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. members
The Management Committee has updated the response plan for transitioning back to our Club’s regular activities.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support, enabling us to expand safe bushwalking activities aligning with the staged easing of the COVID-19 restrictions by Queensland Health Regulations.
The links below will take you to general advice from the Federal and Qld Governments. They will help you keep safe when bushwalking and compliant with Government regulations.
- Protect yourself and others
Everyone must follow the guidance on good hygiene, physical distancing and behaviour at public gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are most at risk.
The details can be found at this Fed Govt webpage
- People at higher risk
Please see if you are in a group at a higher risk of developing COVID-19 at this Healthdirect webpage, and consider your condition.
- Current status updates
The situation and regulations are changing frequently, so please monitor these Government web sites to keep up to date. Fed Govt Covid19 website and the Qld Govt Covid19 website.
- Other states and territories
Keep up to date with what’s happening elsewhere in Australia at this Fed Govt website.
Club response to the regulations of Stage 1 that continue to apply
- No carpooling will be organised by the Club. Follow the Qld Government rules and arrange your own ride sharing if you want or drive yourself.
- Prepare for your car journey by planning the route, allowing adequate time and recording the leader’s mobile number
- If you are unwell at all, withdraw from the activity.
- Do not share equipment, food nor drink
Club response to Stage 2, effective now 1st June 2020
- Most activities will appear on the calendar, except large social events.
- the max is 20, or the BBW limit.
- going to a coffee shop after the activity is at the leader’s discretion.
- no interstate activities
Club response to Stage 3, Qld Govt aiming to start Friday 10th July 2020
subject to change by State Government,
- Social events will appear on the calendar.
- Interstate activities will appear, but remain unapproved until state Govt restrictions are lifted.
- Regular BBW meetings will hopefully be able to resume when further advised in July
Club Leaders will be receiving a separate message outlining actions required to enable activities to proceed.
All Probationary Memberships expiry dates have been extended by six months for no additional payment nor renewal fee.
All social distancing and hygiene rules continue to apply.
We ask you to comply with these regulations and restrictions, and get back to safe and enjoyable bushwalking.
On behalf of the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. Management Committee
Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc.