Restrictions on BBW Activities as at 9th October 2020
All Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. members
The Management Committee has updated the response plan for transitioning back to our Club’s regular activities. We appreciate our leaders and members patience and support. This has helped us to expand safe bushwalking activities aligning with the easing of COVID-19 restrictions by the Queensland Government.
The links below will take you to general advice from the Federal and Qld Governments. They will help you keep safe when bushwalking and compliant with Government regulations.
Protect yourself and others
Everyone must follow the guidance on good hygiene, physical distancing and behaviour at public gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are most at risk.
The details can be found at this Fed Govt webpage.
People at higher risk
Please see if you are in a group at a higher risk of developing COVID-19 at this Healthdirect webpage, and consider your condition.
Current status updates
Other states and territories
Interstate activities will be set by Leaders in consultation with the Outings Secretary to ensure they comply with State Regulations.
Club response to the regulations
- No carpooling will be organised by the Club. Follow the Qld Government rules and arrange your own ride sharing if you want, or drive yourself.
- Prepare for your car journey by planning the route, allowing adequate time and recording the leader’s mobile number.
- Activity limits will be set in accordance with Regulations.
- All social distancing and hygiene rules apply.
- If you are unwell at all, withdraw from the activity.
- Use the stand back - give way method around other groups on activities.
- Do not share equipment, food nor drink.
- Going to a coffee shop after the activity is at the leader’s discretion.
- Regular BBW Club meetings will recommence with a Covid19 Safe plan in place, see below.
The next BBW meeting is on Wednesday 14th October 2020, the Photographic Competition Results and Awards Night commencing at 7:30 pm. Members will have to nominate on line before attending so we can meet our Covid10 Safe plan requirements.
We ask you to comply with these regulations and restrictions and enjoy safe bushwalking.
On behalf of the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. Management Committee
Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc.