*NEW* BBW response to COVID-19 as at 17 November 2020
All Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. members
The Management Committee has responded to the Queensland Governments easing of COVID-19 restrictions and has resumed our Club’s regular activities in a COVIDSafe environment. We would like to thank all our leaders and members for their patience and support during the year. This has helped us to expand safe bushwalking activities and now resumed our club meetings in-line with the Queensland Governments “Roadmap to easing restrictions”.
The links below will take you to general advice from the Federal and Qld Governments. They will help you keep safe when bushwalking and compliant with Government regulations.
Protect yourself and others
Everyone must follow the guidance on good hygiene, physical distancing and behaviour at public gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are most at risk.
The details can be found at this Fed Govt webpage.
People at higher risk
Please see if you are in a group at a higher risk of developing COVID-19 at this Fed Govt webpage, and consider your condition.
Current status updates
Other states and territories
Interstate activities will be set by Leaders in consultation with the Outings Secretary to ensure they comply with State Regulations.
Club response to the regulations
- Leaders are now permitted to organise carpooling to activities. There is always the option to drive yourself or to wear a mask.
- Prepare for your car journey by planning the route, allowing adequate time and recording the leader’s mobile number.
- Activity limits will be set in accordance with Regulations.
- All social distancing and hygiene rules apply.
- If you are unwell at all, please withdraw from the activity.
- Use the stand back - give way method around other groups on activities.
- Do not share equipment, food nor drink.
- Going to a coffee shop after the activity is at the leader’s discretion.
- A COVIDSafe Plan is in place for BBW Club meetings.
We ask you to comply with these regulations and restrictions and enjoy safe bushwalking.
On behalf of the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc. Management Committee
Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc.
Next Club Meeting
The next Brisbane Bushwalkers club meeting will take place at 7:30pm on Wed 25th November 2020.
New Member Enrollment and Club Business Meeting
Please join us at Newmarket Memorial Hall, corner of Enoggera Road and Ashgrove Avenue, Newmarket (Map).